The Oncology Key Account Management Lead (MM) will:
- Develop and lead oncology Key Account Manager (KAM) team of 4 members to develop and execute strategic business plans and core materials to meet regional and national objectives across Group Practice Organizations (GPO’s), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s), Community, Academic, and Professional Oncology Organizations/Associations.
- Responsible for building and developing the Oncology KAM team to cultivate relationships with Oncology Integrated Customers and leverage these relationships to generate increased demand and access for the Oncology portfolio by targeting appropriate influencers and decision-makers within the integrated customer environment.
- Align strategies with other commercial operational functions (Sales and Marketing) to support a combined customer engagement strategy. Manage team to work strategically and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Managed Markets and Sales teams to gain and maintain appropriate product access and coverage for our portfolio
- Develop the team’s call plan to support key decision-makers and prescribers across the assigned accounts (C-suite, Pathway and P&T committee members) and promote the Oncology Portfolio at target accounts working closely with Directors of National Accounts(DNA’s), Regional Business Directors(RBD’s), and Oncology Account Managers,(OAM’s) in local geographies.
- Play a critical role in establishing Gilead’s comprehensive approach to Key Account Management by partnering with Global and US colleagues across Managed Markets/Access, Sales, Marketing, Medical, HEOR, and others.
- Establish an infrastructure for the team to maintain positive relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the accounts, such as Key Opinion Leaders, Oncology department supervisors, and members of Medical/P&T Evaluation Committees
- Build and manage account profile for each assigned account, detailing the procedure for protocol development, pull-through targets for salesforce, the current placement of the product on pathway and protocols, and identification of key influencers and protocol decision-makers.
- Act as the cross-functional lead for each specific account, with responsibility for appropriately maintaining the cross-functional strategic account plan, from which each function will compliantly execute against their functional objectives.
- Employ in-person tactics to execute against account plans, including regular account visits to promote sales efforts, manage contract strategy (where appropriate), and provide clinical, efficacy, and safety information on the product to key treatment decision-makers/executive teams within these high control accounts.
- Evaluate unique needs of the Integrated Customer and work across all functions, including Sales, Managed Markets, Trade Relations, Value Access, Contracting, Medical, HEOR, & Marketing to develop tactical strategies to support account needs and expand the use of Gilead’s oncology products.
- Responsible for performance management of the team driving appropriate development programs for the KAMs
- Provide training, coaching, follow-up, in all phases of their work in the field and virtually
- Review and approve expense reports; monitor compliance with corporate policies as required, monitoring compliance regarding proper and appropriate use of approved resources
Possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with Gilead’s cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
- Responsible for and oversee the respective department.
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff; communicate interpret and discuss with the team the company policies and procedures.
- Determine job objectives, work methods, and performance standards; review performance relative to departmental objectives discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline, and discharge and administer all other personnel actions.
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years’ Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years’ Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years’ Experience
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, PharmD, etc.)
- 10 years related oncology experience in the pharmaceutical industry/sales/sales management - prefer current/recent – IV oncology strongly preferred
- 5 years of direct experience in a corporate/region/national/key account role. Direct Access, Payer or health system experience
- Experience managing customer relationships in Oncology
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Proven experience within the Market Access space
- Experience executing physician network, GPO contracting, and account management strategic plans
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace oncology launch experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear direction
- Superior negotiation skills, business acumen, and analytical ability
- Advanced interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills,
- Robust project management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize with clear deliverables across multiple customers in tight timelines
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a matrix leadership team
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with overnight travel