Primary responsibilities for role:
· Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
· Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long term donation.
· Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing physical examinations and taking medical histories on all donors through the use of FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, CGMP, all internal company procedures and personal education and experience.
· Responsible for donor awareness to potential hazards .
· Administration of donor consent form.
· Provides Donor education on trends identified regarding general health assessment completed at the Center.
· Provides counseling to Donors regarding unacceptable test results.
· Evaluates and manages donor injuries and adverse events.
· Performs evaluations of any history of illness or medications to ensure continued donor suitability.
· Ensures Donor medical information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
· Review of donor screening test to ensure eligibility of continued donation.
· Assists in employee training and coaching regarding medical SOPs as necessary.
· Assists with the administration of employee Hepatitis Vaccine program.
· Maintain supplies necessary to perform job duties.
· Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
· Ensures Donor and Staff confidentiality.
· Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Center Management.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of employment and according to state requirements as an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (or equivalent) , Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocation Nurse, Paramedic or Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant.
· Current CPR certification required.
· Requires 6 months of related experience providing medical care and assessing patients. Plasma or whole blood experience preferred.
We shape the future of healthcare through innovation, collaboration and determination. Our people transform lives and make a difference every day, while developing professionally in a growing business. Passion, expertise, teamwork and a sense of responsibility define us.
People are at the heart of our business. As Grifols continues to grow and expand internationally, our future will be shaped by the innovation, collaboration and expertise of our team.
We recognize that people are a core asset and we are committed to continued investment in training and development. We look for those who use their talent and determination to make a difference.