Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and conducting a series of registration procedures to verify donor suitability for the plasma pheresis process.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
The Commonwealth Serum Laboratories was established in Australia in 1916 to service the health needs of a nation isolated by war. Over the ensuing years CSL provided Australians with rapid access to 20th century medical advances including insulin and penicillin, and vaccines against influenza, polio and other infectious diseases. CSL Limited was incorporated in 1991 and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in 1994.
Since then, CSL has acquired a number of companies. They include: Aventis Behring, which is now known as global biotech leader CSL Behring, U.S. plasma collector Nabi, which helped to form the world's premier plasma collection company in CSL Plasma, the Novartis influenza vaccine business, now integrated and known as Seqirus, the world's second largest influenza vaccines company and Calimmune, a leader in gene-modification and cell delivery technology. Their combined and rich histories make CSL the innovative global leader it is today.