This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, uncapped quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
Candidates must possess a 4-year college degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience; cardiology and/or lipids experience a plus, and the ability to demonstrate past sales results and professional accomplishments that reflect motivation, initiative, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Four year college degree (B.A., B.S. or equivalent). · One plus years of recent pharmaceutical drug sales experience.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives.
· Well developed written and oral communication skills.
· Must live within territory.
· Ability to build rapport and relations by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts
(i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
· Highly effective organizational and administrative skills.
· Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor vehicle and drug screen investigations.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
· Current relationships with key physicians in the territory. · Experience selling in the triglyceride / cholesterol / diabetes markets.
· Understanding of the cardiovascular sales environment and its challenges.
THERAPEUTICS TO IMPROVE CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
Amarin Corporation plc. is a rapidly growing, innovative pharmaceutical company focused on developing therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin’s product development program leverages its extensive experience in lipid science and the potential therapeutic benefits of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) is Amarin's first FDA-approved drug and is available by prescription.
Development of Vascepa leveraged Amarin’s extensive experience in lipid sciences and the potential therapeutic benefits of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Such development challenged previously established norms to create a potent, yet safe, targeted single ingredient product in contrast to prior generation omega-3 mixtures and other prescription drugs. The use of Vascepa is now supported by over 40 granted patents and by FDA designation in 2015 of Vascepa’s active ingredient as a New Chemical Entity. This means that no prior FDA-approved drug had the active ingredient contained in Vascepa. Also, no prior drug with icosapent ethyl was ever characterized for FDA review and approved by the FDA to treat or prevent a medical condition.