Working under general direction, provides engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving CRM products. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager.
1. Acts as a clinical interface between the medical community and the business.
2. Demonstrates ability to build and sustain credible business relationships with customers and shares product expertise accordingly.
3. Provides engineering, sales, education and clinical support in response to field inquiries on as-needed basis. Demonstrates a thorough command of all CRM products, related product and technical knowledge, trends and players.
4. Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on CRM products to healthcare professionals.
5. Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products.
6. Provides regional CRM implant case coverage.
7. Provides additional back-up support to CRM Sales Representatives in the following areas:
a. Sales support;
b. Regional training seminars;
c. Clinical studies/data collection;
d. Trouble Shooting; and,
e. New product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
8. Continuously develops engineering, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Arrhythmia Management strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and management.
1. Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
2. Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
3. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
4. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Working under general direction, is accountable for providing advanced engineering and technical support to the field in response to more complex inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients and sales staff. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Work is reviewed upon milestones and upon completion for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy/accuracy. Contributions affect team/organization results. Performs assignments of moderate complexity, resolves difficult scientific/technical problems using intellectual capabilities, ingenuity and advanced scientific principles; completes reports and makes oral presentations; consistent use of independent judgment. May contribute to the development of department policies/procedures/practices.
This position is non-stationary; activities could include a significant amount of walking and standing relative to interaction with other Company personnel and outside clients. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office and training equipment. Significant use of voice and hearing for meetings, discussions, training activities and related. Requires clear vision (correctable), and while using automobile, use of legs and feet, plus good eye/hand/foot coordination. Lifting and/or force requirements are usually negligible, but may be required to lift projectors and other visual aids on occasion. These latter devices do not generally exceed 50 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering, related field or equivalent healthcare experience required. Requires ability to become certified on CRM products. A minimum of two years increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing and related industries. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, electro-physiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures. Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cardiac pacing systems is also necessary. Must apply engineering skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex clinical problems. Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently. Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.