The Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) helps minimize access & reimbursement barriers for patients and providers to optimize access to Cardiovascular products.
Within their geography, the FRM is responsible for addressing access barriers by strategically working with key customers and accounts to refine policies and solve the most complex patient access issues. The FRM proactively provides education and support on cardio product access programs for community practices, medical groups and facilities, and their staff. They serve as the key contact responsible for reimbursement and access support-related matters for cardio portfolio.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Subject matter expert on the payer landscape for cardio product, proactively provides education to facilities and partners on regional and local payer policies and processes.
• Work with internal partners to build strategic patient access and reimbursement account plans and review franchise, market access, and PSS business plans and objectives.
• Identify facilities that are capable of buying & billing for priority engagement.
• Implement the region access POA with assigned accounts/customers as directed by Area Reimbursement Lead
• Provide insights and updates regarding account implementation plans (e.g. actual level of centralization) to ensure overall territory POA is updated and current.
• Educate facility staff on NPC policies related to Inclisiran ordering, payment, inventory, product returns and replacement to support full integration of product into practice workflow
• Partners with internal and external stakeholders to identify, anticipate and address patient and practice reimbursement issues; Implement updates/changes to POA based on solutions generated to address issues.
• In conjunction with the AAD and payer team, act as the Inclisiran coverage and reimbursement expert for facility offices, cardiology practices and local field teams.
• Communicate and explain payer policy updates or system changes that impact access to Inclisiran in assigned accounts.
• Under guidance of the AAD, provide reimbursement insights to local field teams, and Novartis home office functions as needed.
• Proactively communicate Novartis specific patient services programs, policies, procedures and resource so that office staff is fluent in how to use access programs for cardio portfolio.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Business and/or biological science education preferred.
• 5+ years in commercial life sciences (pharma or biotechnology) or related industry.
• Superb knowledge of buy-and-bill reimbursement pathway.
• Experience working with established injection networks.
• Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
• Significant experience in patient assistance support, reimbursement support and other access programs.
• Travel by air or car within and outside the assigned geography required, as needed, to fulfill job responsibilities.
• Must live within assigned territory
• This position requires significant use of a company provided vehicle
• This is a field-based customer engaging position
Novartis is reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. As a leading global medicines company, we use innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments in areas of great medical need. In our quest to find new medicines, we consistently rank among the world’s top companies investing in research and development. Novartis products reach nearly 1 billion people globally and we are finding innovative ways to expand access to our latest treatments. About 125 000 people of more than 140 nationalities work at Novartis around the world.