The Clinical Specialist (CS) is a field-based clinical position requiring a strong clinical background in intensive care and education. The CS will deliver clinical education to practicing clinicians, key thought leaders, and professional societies. In fostering the safe and appropriate use and application of Mallinckrodt products and services, they will provide expert guidance and education in the application, administration, and utilization of Mallinckrodt pharmaceuticals, devices and technology, thus assuring the safe and effective utilization of Mallinckrodt products. The Clinical Specialist must remain current on therapeutic advances and competing therapies or products.
The CS is responsible for developing, coordinating, and assuring implementation of corporate scientific and clinical strategies to these thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations.
• Develop and maintain a high level of scientific expertise related to INOMAX and INOMAX delivery devcies
• Provide in-service training on the use of Mallinckrodt products and delivery system, including the application and interface of a variety of respiratory delivery systems
• Support clinical research clinical trial site initiations by providing technical support throughout the study period, advising IST investigators on methods of delivery and trial design specific to drug delivery and feasibility, acting as a liaison between potential investigators and Medical Affairs, and supporting data and information collection on new devices prior to introduction to customers
• Identify and develop relationships with current or upcoming key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent health care providers as they relate to both Mallinckrodt’s marketed and pipeline products
• Serve as key clinical/scientific resource to these institutional accounts and their respective healthcare stakeholders
• Accurately respond to complex medical questions from institutional-based health care providers in accordance with approved company guidance for CSs and applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards and using approved content
• Identify, collect, and communicate insights related to competitor medical information and physician practice trends
• Document interactions and activities in appropriate databases, retaining and submitting required expenses and meting defined qualitative and quantitative objectives
Education: BS, RRT required
Minimum 5 years Intensive Care Unit experience
Minimum 2 years education or management experience
• Neonatal / Pediatric ICU experience preferred
• Creative problem-solver with strong business skills/acumen
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of success in establishing relationships with opinion leaders and in team management
• Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about products and competitive products and effectively communicate that information
• Possess an understanding of both the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries; understanding of clinical trial design and working knowledge of cGCP guidelines, particularly concerning Investigator Sponsored Research
• Must be committed to full compliance with all company SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including PhRMA guidelines for field-based personnel.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS:
This position reports to the National CS Director. The CS may have contact with internal colleagues in pharmaceuticals, marketing, sales, research and development, strategy and portfolio management, regulatory, technical services and medical affairs team members. External collaboration includes professional societies, clinicians, policy-thought leaders, and various government personnel and agencies. Collaboration across a matrix organization is required.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is a multibillion dollar specialty pharmaceutical company focused on our mission: Managing Complexity. Improving Lives. We provide medicines to address unmet patient needs, stemming from 150 years of using our unique strengths, experience and expertise to help improve people’s lives. Discover how our rich history of innovation and patient-centered solutions has helped influence our vision for the future.
Our strong ability to master and manage complexity is the key component in making high-quality products that provide value for patients. Mallinckrodt’s growing portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals help treat a wide variety of health conditions. Mallinckrodt’s strategic vision is an innovation-driven specialty pharmaceutical company focused on improving outcomes for patients with severe and critical conditions.
We invest in our areas of focus that include autoimmune and rare diseases in specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, pulmonology and ophthalmology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; analgesics and gastrointestinal products.
To see what sets Mallinckrodt apart, take a look at our distinctive approach to solving complex challenges with unique solutions.