The Alzheimer’s Account Liaison (AAL) is responsible for engagement with a cross-section of Alzheimer’s disease focused clinical care providers and key stakeholders in identified integrated health systems, hospitals, academic centers, and Alzheimer’s Disease Centers of Excellence. Reporting to the Divisional Director of Alzheimer’s Account Liaisons, this individual will be responsible for building and maintaining profiles of the identified key integrated health systems, sites of care, and key stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for understanding system, site, and provider readiness and receptivity, as well as establishing access to and developing account plans for the accounts/sites of care within the assigned geography. This role will also identify needs and market opportunities that support the divisional go-to-market strategy. S/he will work with cross-functional partners (i.e., Marketing, Sales, Reimbursement, Patient Services, and Medical) to deploy solutions that drive local business opportunities, ensuring alignment in overall execution of the strategy.
• Establish Access: Engage with health care systems, sites of care and health care professionals involved in Neurology and Alzheimer’s disease care to understand the challenges in identified integrated health systems, sites of care, hospitals, academic centers and Alzheimer’s Disease Centers of Excellence.
• Profile Accounts: Understand the Alzheimer’s disease ecosystem, market dynamics, account infrastructure, and account perspectives on diagnosis and management of Alzheimer’s disease. Understand the priorities, protocols, and patient flow for accounts/sites of care.
• Develop Account Plans: Using knowledge of the healthcare market, evolving trends in care and Alzheimer’s disease patient treatment model, create and maintain account plans with tailored strategic objectives and action plans.
• Collaboration & communication with cross functional partners: Lead and participate on cross functional business teams to represent customers and field perspectives in strategic planning. Continually coordinate and align strategies, action plans, and communication approaches. Share customer and market insights, perceptions and trends to appropriate Biogen partners to inform and support commercial strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired; alternatively, comparable years of additional, related experience will be considered
• 6+ years of progressive, broad commercial experience, including strong strategic account management experience
• Experience supporting buy & bill / medical benefit products
• Exemplary collaborative ability in a heavily-matrixed environment
• Exemplary ability to synthesize a complex, nebulous market environment and create plans of action
• Exemplary ability to deal with ambiguity, be resourceful and problem solve
• Exemplary ability of resilience and agility
• Experience and comfort interacting with C-Suite leadership
• One [or several] of the following key experiences are desirable, but not required:
o Alzheimer’s [symptomatic/diagnostic] or related neuroscience experience
o Launch experience, ideally in area of unmet healthcare needs
o Experience with co-promotion
• Significant travel requirements within assigned territory [up to 50%, some overnight]
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience.
Since our founding in 1978 as one of the world’s first global biotechnology companies by Charles Weissmann, Heinz Schaller, Kenneth Murray and Nobel Prize winners Walter Gilbert and Phillip Sharp, Biogen has led innovative scientific research with the goal over the last decade to defeat devastating neurological diseases.
Millions of people around the world are affected by multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Many people also suffer from less common diseases such as spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP).
We believe that no other disease area holds as much need or as much promise for medical breakthroughs as neuroscience.
Biogen has some of the world’s best neurologists and neuroscientists. We engage with physicians and scientific leaders around the world with the aim to further medical research. Our focus on neuroscience, our deep scientific expertise and our courage to take risks make us leaders in the research and development of medicines to transform neuroscience to benefit society.