The primary responsibility of the Health Screener is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of a health screening, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, Blood Pressure and other health screening services based on service package
• Performs basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings.
• Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
• Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
• Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
• Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
• Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification (RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional setting preferred.
• Proficient with finger sticks and manual blood pressure.
• Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
• Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
• Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
• Excellent customer service internally and externally.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
• Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
• Requires use of phone and PC.
• Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
• Handling stress & emotions,
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions,
• Adjusting to change,
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
• Position requires travel.